Our communal blog, a hopefully-not-doomed attempt at a fun new way to encourage us all to keep in touch.

Friday, January 2, 2009

The man said more pics (part II of III)

Francesc Macia, 3rd president of Catalunya, the former nation state that boasts Barcelona as it's capital:
The first of three wish rocks, all taken from a bowl at Nat's memorial service. Sent into the Med in Barcelona:
My "Nat's Memorial Lunch" afterwards -- calamari, salad, wine, sparkling water at an outdoor cafe overlooking the beach:


When I got home, Jessie and I decided to do one of our "cheese, wine, and fruit" dinners, a tradition started in Siena, Italy just a few days after we got engaged. No, we didn't drink all the wine, but I do think we ate almost all of the cheese.



In mid November, Margaret and Jeff came to visit us in VA. I hung with my bro Washington, and took a picture. (this picture is in homage to my brothers now infamous portrait with General Lee, which caused us to be accosted by a docent at the Virginia State Capitol)


YOU'RE A KITTY!



Trying to feed a three year old and explain chopsticks is a fascinating, if sometimes infuriating, experience.

I peed on the table at Thanksgiving. This is why Ari says people shouldn't drink:


Dawn over the far east of Siberia, enroute to Tokyo. We were level at FL410, crusing along. Upper deck of a BA 747, my first time in "upstairs" on a 747. (Most airlines running 747's split business class between the main and upper deck, put First Class in the nose, and coach over the wings. The upper deck biz class seats are usually reserved for fliers with status, since it's quieter and there is a greater cabin staff:passenger ratio).



More to come.

No comments: