Our communal blog, a hopefully-not-doomed attempt at a fun new way to encourage us all to keep in touch.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Trivial Pursuit

Not, in fact, the pursuit of trivia, but actually an activity which is extremely, as is often the case, trivial. It's been quiet here, which is understandable, but nonetheless must now be remedied. I introduce the topic of Strange Food Combinations. My dear Russian recently became acquainted with the combination of celery and peanut butter. I responded with bananas and peanut butter. He then countered with pickles and honey. This was all well and good as an amusing story, until last night, when it took a turn for the EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

He dips cheese in hot chocolate.



(That's it, i've publicly outed you. The jig is up.)

I mean, i love cheese. LOVE. I would marry cheese, except i think we're related. Maybe if we go to Alabama.

But.
Still.

Can anyone top that? I know i can't. The best i can do is Libby's scrambled-eggs-on-a-cream-cheesed-bagel, which is really hardly very weird at all.

Have at it.

6 comments:

Zab said...

I dunno Ari . . . what kind of cheese?

Oleg said...

Ay-yay-yay! (shaking head in disbelief)

the story goes, and you know it, not 'He dips cheese in hot chocolate', but 'he used to dip cheese in hot chocolate when he was in kindergarten'...not fair, Ariel
:-)

Ariel said...

He waffled on the kind of cheese, from American to Havarti to Swiss. Something without too much flavor.

You did not seem opposed to doing it again, though. Anyway, i did spare you by not mentioning

HE DIPS CHEESE IN OATMEAL
and also
HE PUTS BLOBS OF PEANUT BUTTER IN OATMEAL

Weirdo. ;)

Trying to remember the things that Linds used to claim could be combined with chocolate....

Andrew said...

So... raw chicken and wasabi?

No, that's not that weird.

Lardo (Italian cured pig fat) wrapped around a fig? Ho-hum, it's like bacon.

Popcorn with soy sauce, nutritional yeast, salt, and honey. Yeah, that's the weirdest thing I eat.

Ariel said...

See, you're cheating by having one or more ingredients in your combos that i wouldn't touch with a something-more-creative-than-10-ft-pole.

I put cream cheese on my pb&j sandwiches. Some people think that's weird. It's totally not though. Wow, i feel boring. :)

Andrew said...

Cheating? Cheating would be drinking foie gras and truffle milk shakes, or eating dog in China :)