Our communal blog, a hopefully-not-doomed attempt at a fun new way to encourage us all to keep in touch.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Brace yourselves

I realize that many of you will be in danger of cardiac arrest at the sight of these photos, so please sit down and breathe deeply and slowly, in through the nose and out through the elbow. My brother and awesome sister-in-law had a 2nd-birthday party for Leila on xmas eve, and, desperately needing social contact, distraction, and cake, I attended. Within mere moments i grew tired of the in-law half of the family and settled down on a vacant couch to watch Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol with the kiddies. Leila, who freaking adores me, quietly slid off of her couch and clambered onto mine, ending up, in varying degrees of squirm-osity, draped all over me. Luckily, at a 2 year old's birthday party, just when you need a camera, there is bound to be one (or 3) around. Isn't she cute? I think she looks like me. ;-)


9 comments:

Jessie said...

I love how your outfits are color-coordinated. She does look like her Aunt Ari :)

Jeremy said...

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU LOVE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew said...

Hey, J man, you love babies too, I've seen you get the googly eyes for them in person!

Jeremy said...

dude, I freakin LOVE babies, this has never been in question

Ariel said...

Yeah, and then there was a 4 year old girl who took one look at me at a New Year's Eve party and was instantly draped all over me. The problem is, kids love ME.

Andrew said...

We all love you Ari. It's the colored bangs.

Ariel said...

I know. Wait till i dye them purple again. I'll be like the pied piper. (Hey... side note... why was he pied?)

Andrew said...

How drunk would you have to get to play a tune and lead rats out of a town? I'd have to be pretty pied myself.

Ariel said...

Good point. Or maybe the rest of the town was pie(-eye)d to hallucinate him doing that. (PS Wikipedia suggests that his clothes were multicolored, aka pied. Too simple.)