My perception of life slows at times, unconsciously at first, until some part of my brain realizes "Hey? What's going on here? Why aren't we doing something?"
Last night, gazing forlornly towards the red Hilton sign which presides over the F and G ramps with a fastidious red light and classic 1975 styling, my brain realized that I was, indeed, slowing to a thought halt. BlackBerry off, laptop stowed, work papers in my briefcase, American Way magazine read and re-read over the past month, I have no other option but to stare out my window into the snowy night.
It's comforting to know that I can do it. My brain always seems to be pondering something; a weighing a decision, examining a past interaction, or reliving a life experience in the cinema of my memories.
Alas, something will come along soon, some thought, a memory, and my brain will snap back to functional duty. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the blissful nothingness, shrouded in a fog of Type I deicing fluid and blowing snow, of staring into a world filled with everything and anything.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
G18
Posted by Andrew at 10:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You whacko. If you're pondering how you're pondering nothing, it doesn't count. The curse of the self-aware.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
No, I'm thinking what I'm thinking.
So you're not thinking what I'm thinking?
No, cause you're thinking I'm thinking what you're thinking."
HOW CAN THIS BE A FONT OF NOTHING IF MY ATTEMPT AT NOTHING BE INVALIDATED DUE TO SELF AWARENESS?
Uh oh. The men in the white coats are coming! Lalalalalalalalala!
Post a Comment