Guess what??!
I broke my wrist!!!
I'm in CT. Came up sat for an agility trial on sunday with my mom. We ran each of our dogs in the first class (out of 4 classes entered), and then i walked out to the car and slipped on the ice (it's winter up here, unlike in PA). Tried REALLY HARD to convince myself that i could just stick a bandaid on it and finish the trial, but when your wrist is in a violent S shape it's hard to convince others. Spent allll day in Hartford Hospital (where everyone is super nice and there are some cahyyyyuuuute interns), had it splinted 4 different times until the orthopedic doc was only mildly unhappy with it, and have surgery to get it fixed & plated tomorrow (weds). All the pain meds that people rave about (morphine, percocet) are NOT working on me, and new x-rays yesterday show that the mediocre bone reduction job is really slipping, so surgery can't come soon enough for me. I'm staying in CT with the 'rents for at least this week.
Luckily it's my left hand, though still annoying to type with one hand. I've never broken a bone before, and slipping on the ice is totally lame, so the official story (thanks to my brother) is, "Someone threatened my dogs."
But it turns out that Savvy got 1st place in her class that morning! :-D
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Ari -- In Pieces
Posted by Ariel at 9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dude, that sucks! Get better soon, and have plenty of liquid and calcium. Maybe that's what they call milk? Or better, hot chocolate.
Hmm . . . I guess you won't be getting the message I left at your work number any time soon! No worries -- nothing important! How are you gonna get back to PA with your standard transmission?
hopefully i'll be able to drive... you really only need to grip the wheel for a couple seconds with the left hand while you shift... right now i'd just like to be able to not be in agonizing pain!!
I want to use my patented phrase, but this is a family blog, so I won't. This sucks Ari! Get well soon!
Jeremy's advice about liquid and calcium is some great stuff. And all painkillers suck equally when you really need them, they are only fun when you are 3 hours into a 18 hour flight and the whisky isn't working.
For those keeping score, i am back in PA. The wrist is more itchy than painful at this point, though my elbow would sure like to un-bend again someday, and my shoulder would like to spend more than 1 minute at a time in the non-elevated position. Remind me not to do this again, no matter how cute that doctor was.
Post a Comment