Hi everybody! Enmeshed in our latest frenzy, I have only moments to write. In less than 2 weeks, Andrew and I will be moving into our new house in Glen Allen, Virginia. Our second major move in six months, and hopefully the only one for the next year :) I'm psyched about our new house:
We'll have a dedicated guest room, and Glen Allen is 20 minutes from Richmond. So if you miss us, or you happen to find yourself in the area, please do stop by. We're very good to guests. Since we don't know anyone in the area, we have to import friends to entertain us. Therefore we lodge and feed them very well!
And, in other news, I'm getting old. Well, older. My previously better-than-perfect vision (20/15) has degraded to plain old 20/20, and I got some glasses to assist with distance and night-driving. Check this out:
Eeek, I can't believe that's me.
5 comments:
We will ply you with products from the kitchen (Lindsey, Tim, and Jeremy can attest to this), products from the bar (Jeremy, Tim can attest to this), and a comfortable bed to sleep in. Cats to play with at no extra charge, but Jessie rents me out by the hour, bring unmarked bills please.
Come, join me and my newly bespectacled (but brilliantly beautiful) bride!
First of all, for two people bred in New England, Ohio and now Virigina are like different countries than the greater Boston area. Just don't help them screw up this years presidental election. And Jessie, speaking as a person who is just above being legally blind, the glasses suit you and look good!
What a beautiful house! I shall use you as a hotel for dog shows in VA. The dogs promise not to eat your cats. Much.
My brother also just got glasses, and also used to have 20/15 vision (me too). I see doomsday approaching (fuzzily). I have to agree with Rick, your glasses actually do look great.
Actually... hang on a sec. Why do you need glasses if you have 20/20 vision? Why would they call it "perfect" vision if you need glasses? What, to summarize my question, the heck??
Jessie, and her father, were born with 20/15 vision. Her vision had degraded oh-so-slightly, and that was enough to scramble her brain. My vision is corrected to 20/10, and when my left eye prescription started slipping this past winter it drove me batty. I could have stayed with a -2.75 in that eye (20/15 or so, roughly), but instead opted for a slightly stronger prescription so I could stay 20/10.
Post a Comment